In order to help you clearly understand our policies and services, we request that you carefully read the following statements:
Premier Family Physicians (PFP)
Policy for Electronic Communications with Patients
This office will electronically communicate some information via our website, which is a secure patient portal.
1) Electronic Communications will only be used with established patients.
2) Patients who elect to use Electronic Communications have the PFP Electronic Communication Policy available to them.
3) Electronic Communications are restricted to conditions and situations which do not require immediate attention.
4) You may expect a notification in your email account informing you of our response located on the patient portal within 24 business hours of your sent communication.
5) Our staff will address all Electronic Communication during business hours Monday – Friday. PFP accepts the following message types: patient registration, appointment requests, bill payments, patient questions.
In addition, PFP will send lab results to the patient account via our secure patient portal.
6) Automatic Reply to all incoming questions state: “Your Ask a (Doctor/Biller/ Referral Clerk) question is being forwarded to your provider for review. Please allow at least 24 business hours for your provider to respond to your question. You may log in to the My Patient Page and select My Messages tab to view your provider’s response. Thank you for using our Ask a Doctor service.” Automatic Reply to your Appointment Requests state: ‘Thank you for submitting your appointment request. You will receive an email when your appointment request is processed.”
7) Electronic Communications are a permanent part of the patient medical record.
8) An appointed staff is responsible for checking and routing incoming electronic communication. This occurs from 8am – 5pm Monday – Friday. Please expect 24 business hours for a response.
9) The patient will receive a message from the clerical staff, billing staff, medical assistant, physician, or P.A. handling the patient request.
10) As with any form of medical record documentation, unprofessional remarks or comments in Electronic Communications are prohibited.
11) Confidentiality of patient information will be maintained at all times in order to protect the integrity of any patient-identifiable information.
12) Managers and supervisors oversee the processing of patient requests via our patient portal.
13) Electronic Communication is an additional service we provide for our patients but should not take the place of live, interactive medical care. Please call our office at 892-7076 for pressing or urgent medical issues.